A quick vegan recipe for weekdays that you can whip up in no time! Sorry for the bad photo quality, I completely forgot to take a photo that day so this is an old photo of this meal that I have. In this version, I made it without peas and I did not have enough coconut milk so it became a bit dry. Don’t make my mistake!
- Pasta of choice (300/400g)
- 500 g mushrooms (I used champignon)
- 1 can coconut milk (400g)
- 150g peas (optional)
- 200 g spinach
- 1 cube bouillon
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- a little fresh parsley (optional)
- regular flour (or corn starch)
How to cook the mushroom and spinach sauce:
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Chop up the onions and mushrooms and cook them in a pan with a little bit of water (very little since the mushrooms will release water in a bit).
- Melt the cube bouillon in a little bit of water and then add it to the pan.
- When the mushrooms and onion have gotten soft, add the coconut milk, spinach, peas, nutmeg and a pinch or two of salt.
- Stir around until the sauce until the spinach shrinks. After that, if you want the sauce thicker, you can add corn starch or some flour. Add slowly and stir until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour your sauce over your pasta and enjoy!
- Garnish with some parsley to make it look fancy! 😀