To get the easiest Christmas cookies, you only need 4 ingredients. To spice things up – you might want to try this Christmas cookie alternative that is slightly more different than the original sugar cookie one.
With a hint of vanilla and cinnamon, these vegan cookies should be perfect for the whole family to enjoy this Christmas. With 7 ingredients they are not too difficult to make either.
The Christmas holidays may be over eventually but the Christmas cookies never have to end!
- 200 g regular flour (1, 1/4 cups)
- 80 g powdered sugar (around 3/4 cup), (also called icing sugar)
- 60 g oil of choice (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 g plant milk (I use soy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or more depending on taste)
How to make the cookies:
- Mix the flour and icing sugar together in a big bowl.
- Add the baking soda to the mix.
- Add the oil and the soy milk to the mix.
- Lastly add the vanilla and cinnamon to the mix.
- Mix together with your hands and shape into a dough.
- Leave the dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Set up some baking paper and then roll out the dough with thickness around 1-2 cm (max 0.7 inch) onto the paper. If you need to, use more flour to make sure it doesn’t stick onto your fingers.
- Cut out the cookies into the shapes you desire and set them onto baking paper.
- Heat up your oven to 180 C (350 F), and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy the cookies!
Explore more vegan cookie and dessert recipes here:
Base recipe for easy vegan cupcakes – add any flavor you like and make the perfect cupcakes from scratch. So sweet and tasty!
Vegan chocolate cake with pie crust – perfect ending to any dinner. Easy vegan chocolate cake that anyone can make.
One of the most popular Danish vegan pastries made vegan – hindbaersnitter. Try this delicious vegan raspberry dessert – it is quick and easy.