I call this a vegan berry cake, because even though I am preparing it with blueberries, I believe that it will be just as tasty with any other berry or similar in consistency fruit. I suggest you don’t get your hopes up too high. This cake will not taste magical, but it will be a quick, budget-friendly and easy treat for the beginner vegan. Also in my opinion, any cake without chocolate isn’t even a cake.
- 1 and 1/4 cup flour
- 3, 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 ml oat milk (or soy)
- 75 ml sunflower/olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 200g fruit (I used blueberries)
*I use 200ml cups to measure.
*Do not use frozen fruit as it will become very soggy
*Also not a good idea to use more than 200g of berries as the cake might become soggy.
How to make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356 °F)
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients in two separate bowls. Dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda. Wet ingredients: milk, oil, vinegar.
- Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well together.
- At the end, pour the blueberries into the mixture and stir gently around.
- Line baking paper onto whichever pan you choose to use. I use the same pan that I use for the vegan meatloaf (around 9×5 inch).
- Pour the mixture into the pan on top of the baking paper and even out with a spatula if you want. You can also just let it be if you don’t care much for the aesthetics of your food.
- Bake for around 35 minutes.
- Let it cool a bit before enjoying!
More easy vegan recipes: