Carving pumpkins leads to pumpkin cravings!
You don’t need to just carve pumpkins this Halloween. One of the favorite things for me to eat from my childhood is baked sweet pumpkin. We never celebrated Halloween in Bulgaria much but pumpkins in autumn were still a thing. Here is a super easy way for you to bake some sweet pumpkin this Halloween and treat your sweet tooth (and it is completely vegan and minimalistic!).
The best part is that with this recipe you can simply use the pumpkin filling after you carved it out for your Halloween decorations! No pumpkin goes to waste.
- 1kg pumpkin
- 50g vegan butter
- 100g sugar
- 100ml water
How to bake the sweet pumpkin slices:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (392 °F)
- After you clean the pumpkin, you cut the filling into small cubes.
- Prepare your big baking pan by adding the water to it and line up your slices while putting a little butter on each one.
- You sprinkle the slices with sugar. You can put more or less depending on your taste so don’t be shy! You can also try agave or maple syrup if you want to avoid sugar.
- Put in the oven and bake until the water is gone. Taste 1 slice to determine if ready (but don’t burn your tongue!)