An easy and budget-friendly vegan creamy soup.
If there is one thing I eat almost every day, one thing that I put in almost every meal and one thing I genuinely love the taste of, then that would be chickpeas. Combined together with peas, they create a powerful taste, perfect for an evening comfort meal. Combine the vegan chickpea soup together with some olive buns and you’ll have the perfect comfort food for any night.
Chickpea and Peas Cream Soup
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup pеаs
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot or grated
- 4 tbsp chopped tomato from can or fresh
- 3 tbsp oil of choice, I used olive
- spices of choice I love turmeric in this soup
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Fry it in a bit of oil in a pot for a couple of minutes and afterwards add the finely chopped carrot.
- Fry them around for a few minutes and beware not to burn them.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water into the tomato and then add it to the pot.
- Stir around for a few minutes, after which you should add around 1 cup of water more.
- After the veggies got completely tender, add the chickpeas and peas to the pot.
- Add salt to taste and any additional spice that you like.
- Boil for around 10 minutes more and taste if it needs more salt before you turn off the heat.
- Use immersion blender to blend the soup to your desired consistency.
- You can work with chickpeas not from a can, in which case you need to set aside around 30 minutes to allow them to boil before cooking.
- Best enjoyed as a starter dish with some bread but you can also just eat it as a main as it is highly nutritious.
What can I use an immersion blender for?
It really depends on your blender but a powerful immersion blender should be able to blend almost any kinds of medium soft foods – even potatoes and vegetables making it perfect for every vegan kitchen – especially if you are a fan of cream soups. I want to talk about the uses of an immersion blender because I got one as a gift almost a year ago but didn’t start using it until recently – which I regret. You can use an immersion blender for:
- Making smoothies
- Making plant milkshakes
- Making pancake batter
- Making homemade mayo
- Making pesto
- Creating salad dressings
- Making hummus
- Making a tomato sauce for your lasagna (or anything else)
Check out some recipes for using your immersion blender right here.